• History

Duffield Cricket Club History

Duffield Cricket Club was established in 1878 and originally located in the grounds of Duffield Hall, the club moved to its existing site on Eyes Meadow in 1895.

The clubs original brick and timber pavilion was destroyed by fire in 1952 and rebuilt at that time. There was also a separate tea pavilion until the 1960s !

The main pavilion had small extensions in 1971 and 1992 and in 2017 the pavilion was significantly extended and refurbished to create the current fantastic facility that includes 5 changing rooms – all with showers, storage, lift, kitchen, and large lounge area with balconies overlooking front and rear pitches and bar area.

A second ground was created to the rear of the pavilion in 2008 to accommodate the rapidly expanding club which now has 5 senior teams, 2 womens teams and numerous junior teams catering for boys and girls from aged 5 to 18.

Mr. Jack Allen’s team
1885-1886

The Fixture Card
1898

Jim Parlby & Toby on the ground
1921

The aftermath of the fire
19th September 1952